This month we celebrate a year of this blog, a year of recognizing everything good right outside our door. If you’re a new reader, please take the time to look back through older posts – I promise it will bring a smile to your soul.
Ann and I have been kicking around the idea of a ‘Best of’ Blog as we acknowledge our anniversary. The trouble is, we know and love every one of these contributors, and we love their stories. How do you choose the top 10 from such a fantastic list? In the end, we couldn’t. We did decide to highlight a few, just in case you missed them…
- A Top 10 list of AC awesomeness… http://anewconversationinruralamerica.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-10-reasons-i-love-atchison-county.html
- A sparkling review of Fourth of July in Rock Port, but more importantly, a review of life lived in this place where people have your back… http://anewconversationinruralamerica.blogspot.com/2011/07/lil-firecrackers-and-lil-blue-jays.html
- A dad’s story of coaching his son’s baseball team… http://anewconversationinruralamerica.blogspot.com/2011/07/baseball-and-bathroom-breaks.html
- The Fairfax Fair, and a ‘mixed’ marriage… http://anewconversationinruralamerica.blogspot.com/2011/08/east-coast-boy-fairfax-fair.html
- Friday Night Lights, Atchison County style… http://anewconversationinruralamerica.blogspot.com/2011/09/friday-night-lights.html
- The women before us, what an excellent heritage we have… http://anewconversationinruralamerica.blogspot.com/2011/09/woman-before-me.html
- A tale of customer service: the story of one of the many ‘good eggs’ we are blessed and honored to call our own... http://anewconversationinruralamerica.blogspot.com/2011/10/customer-service-summa-pharmacy-style.html
- A history of our wonderful county hospital... http://anewconversationinruralamerica.blogspot.com/2011/12/part-2-of-2-band-aids-babies-and.html
- Who needs Taco Bell when you have friendliness, families and farms? http://anewconversationinruralamerica.blogspot.com/2012/03/no-taco-bell-or-target-but.html
- There’s no logic or bias behind this inclusion…this story is just about my incredible Mom... http://anewconversationinruralamerica.blogspot.com/2012/04/kind-of-gal-you-want-to-thank.html
There are many, many more excellent posts and stories on our blog, and we hope you’ll take the time to check them out, if you haven’t yet. We know we’ve only scratched the surface so far and we can’t wait to hear what others have to say about why they love Atchison County so much. It is truly a wonderful place to live, and if you aren’t lucky enough to call this your home, at least you get to live here vicariously through this little, joy-filled blog.