Friday, November 25, 2011

So Much to be Thankful for in Atchison County

I'm feeling blessed during this Season of Thanks, how about you? To honor that lovely feeling, thought I'd jot down a few more reasons why I'm so thankful to live in Atchison County.
  • I rarely go into a store or office around here without finding someone to hug. In the first two days of this week: Coach Palmeiro, Mrs. Lee, Vicki, and Lee Eddie.
  • When I take my visiting Boston-native Mom-in-Law on a few errands, I am immensely proud of the people I get to introduce her to.
  • McDonald’s has a latte machine.
  • So many of the businesses I encounter in my job are owned and operated by good-hearted, high-quality people.
  • Calvin at Hy-Vee will order whatever very specific chips you want (just ask my hubby).
  • FC Foods sells chicken breasts the size of Milwaukee.
  • So many of the men and women in my generation who choose to come back home lead civic groups, church groups, and school activities.
  • Going to the store the day before Thanksgiving isn’t painful like it is in bigger places I’ve lived. It’s fun. You bump into former Board Member Steve and yap about the Tigers for a bit; Missy, a dear friend from school, with her troop in tow; the Aeschlimans, wandering around as a family, including their grown boys who used to hang out at your Mom’s day care.

Suddenly I’m seeing this post as more food-themed than thanks-themed…must still be in a turkey coma.


Regardless, you see my point. So many reasons to be thankful to live in this beautiful, bountiful region of ours. I hope you take some time today to consider how blessed you are – especially if you are lucky enough to live in my county!!
~MMB

No comments:

Post a Comment